Who Are We?
We are the Friends of the Robert & Pearl Seymour Center, Inc., an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, dedicated to maintaining the high quality of life of all older adults of Chapel Hill & Carrboro. We incur no administrative costs--all donations are directed toward meeting the needs of the Center.
Co-founders Robert and Pearl Seymour
What are the Center's Sources of Funding?
The Orange County Department on Aging provides the professional staff to manage, operate, and maintain the facility.
Support also comes from the Towns of Chapel Hill and Carrboro, but that support has been greatly reduced due to budget constraints.
The remainder of our revenue is derived from individual contributions, annual yard sales, fund-raising drives, etc.
What do The Friends Support?
· Replace worn-out recreation equipment
· Pay for expanded hours of operation.
· Beautify the front entrance with flowers
· Upgrade theater lighting and sound systems
· Sponsor volunteer recognition events
· Support senior fitness and wellness programs
· Sponsor student internship