The Seymour and the Central Orange Senior Centers serve lunch Monday - Friday at 12 noon. The Senior Lunch program is operated by the Orange County Department on Aging. People age 60+ are eligible to eat the daily lunches funded by the federal government’s Older Americans Act, the Towns of Carrboro, Chapel Hill, Hillsborough, and the Orange County Department on Aging. Although there isn’t a charge for the meals, donations are an important part of the program. For people under age 60, a meal costs $5. Our caterer is the local Nantucket Café. All the meals meet the requirements for people on low salt diets. There is a limited number of meals. The complete registration process takes 2 – 5 business days. Meals are served on a “First Come, First Served” basis once you are registered for the program. On the day you arrive for lunch, please get a lunch ticket. Registration desks are located near the kitchens at each Senior Center, and tickets are distributed as people sign in beginning at 11 am.
Come and join us!
- Reservations are no longer required.
- Lunches are served on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tickets are distributed as people check in between 11:00 am and 12:15 pm.
- Check in at the registration desk located near the kitchen at each Senior Center.
- Anyone under the age of 60 can purchase the meal for $6.00. Persons aged 60+ are urged to give a contribution towards the meal cost.
Please contact our Food Services Coordinator or Lunch Site Managers for any questions or concerns,
Lunch Program Coordinator: (919) 245-4256
Seymour Center: (919) 968-2070