Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get information about programs at the Seymour Center?The Senior Times is published quarterly with information about scheduled events andservices.
2. What are the Seymour Center hours of operation?
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
3. How can family caregivers get information and help?
Call (919) 968-2087 to consult with a social worker.
4. How can I obtain information about Medicare and Health Insurance?
Call (919) 245-4274 to receive help sorting out health insurance bills or making insurance decisions through the Seniors Health Insurance and Information Program (SHIIP).
5. My parents only speak Mandarin. Do you have a Bilingual staff person who can talk to them? Call the Chinese Language Helpine (919) 259-0232
Note: Our One-Stop-Shop Brochure of Services is now printed in English, Chinese and Spanish
Orange County receives American Society on Aging
NEWS OF ORANGE COUNTY
Staff Reports Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:30 am
Orange County is proud to announce the Orange County Department on Aging is the recipient of the 2016 Award for Excellence in Multicultural Aging presented by the American Society on Aging (ASA) for the Aging in Community with Mandarin-Speaking Seniors (ACMS) program.
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
You may also sign up to receive Seymour Center news online by calling (919) 968-2070.
The Award for Excellence in Multicultural Aging was presented by ASA’s Network on Multicultural Aging at the 2016 Aging in America Conference on March 21, in Washington DC. The award recognizes organizations that have demonstrated high-quality, innovative programs enhancing the lives of a multicultural aging population.
The Orange County Department on Aging (OCDoA) strives to help every senior, regardless of their cultural or economic background to age in place. OCDoA became a harbor for many Mandarin-speaking Chinese seniors even before the agency hired bilingual staff.